Monday, November 18, 2013

Stand by my servant

28 de Octubre 2013

In response to Oliver´s pleas for answers to his prayers, the Lord said to him, "verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time.Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the Spirit of truth;Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart. Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?(Doctrine and Covenants 6: 14-16, 22-23)


I was reading this verse and thought that it might be aplicable, so I changed the names from Oliver and Joseph to Cami and Cole. "Therefore be diligent; stand by my servant Cole, faithfully, in whatsoever difficult circumstances he may be. Admonish him in his faults, and also receive admonition of him. Be patient; be sober; be temperate; have patience, faith, hope and charity. Behold, thou art Cami, and I have spoken unto thee because of thy desires; therefore treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love. Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God." (Doctrine and Covenants 6: 18-21)
We´re going to be writing tomorrow, but I just wanted to send this quick note for now.
Love you,
Elder Burt

No comments:

Post a Comment